Art Talk: Which Direction To Go?

Thursday, January 5, 2017



About 8 years ago, I picked up my very first paintbrush. My daughter was a baby and I wanted to makes some art for her nursery.  I couldn't find anything in the big box stores so I wanted to create something myself. That was the start of my art journey.  If I were to look back and reflect on the last few years I would said it was all experimental.  I went from painting only art for baby nurseries and kids to painting large floral, abstract and landscape pieces for my clients.  I struggled for so long with what to paint.  I tried it all.  Looking back I was most successful when I was painting for kids rooms. I was fairly busy to say the least and was offered some fun opportunities.  About 5 years ago I flew from Canada to Hollywood to a celebrity gifting event to showcase my art. Say What?! Maybe that was the universe trying to tell me to follow that path and to keep painting for kids.  I still don't know.  I had repeat clients and my paintings were selling as soon as they were posted online. What more could I ask for?  Everything was going great but I kept feeling like I needed to experiment and see if a different style of painting was going to work out better for me.   Honestly, I still don't know what direction to go.  I've been painting for 8 years but my goal for 2017 is to try to find my painting niche.  It will be interesting because we have a design business and decor shop on top of it all. Maybe I'll do a bit of both styles, art for kids and fine art for other areas of the home.  Either way, whichever I paint I will add to my online shop and I will share on the blog here so my readers will be the first to know whats new.  I'm going to post a handful of my nursery art and then below some of my fine art paintings. Here we go: 

NURSERY ART












(I commissioned a few baby ultrasound paintings)









   




FINE ART




 





 





 For all inquiries please visit my CONTACT PAGE or you can send a note through email to: ashleybridger@hotmail.com


No comments

Post a Comment